Apache service can’t be started
You’ve installed apache server on your laptop or computer, and then it cannot be started when you click “Start” button? Okay, I want to share tips to solve it. In case, my laptop uses Windows 7.
- Check the port that have “LISTENING” status. You can use command prompt and type :
- And then kill the proses that use port 80 by using PID number of the process(as a default that used Apache)
C:\Users\>taskkill /F /PID
- Make sure that your IIS server is not start ( STOP) because on default IIS use port 80.
- If you use skype application, please check the connection option. Go to Tools > Option > Advanced > Connection. Please to uncheck “Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives fir incoming connections”. And then click “Save” button.
- See the service on service admin. You can access Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Try stopping “SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER)”, that apparently defaults to 80. I did that and port 80 freed up. PID identified the culprit as “System”, but apparently that System can mean multiple things.